Tractor Rally Violence On Republic Day Exposes PoliticiansJanuary 28, 2021
Whenever a part of nation burns, political parties- Centre, Left, Right- get benefited that is why they seldom attempt to control riot-like situation be it is anti-CAA violence or tractor rally violence.
Recall when violence erupted at Delhi ITO on Republic Day, no politician including those who claimed- Desh Nahi Jhukane Dunga, Desh Nahi Tutane Dunga or Nation First policy, came forward to appeal farmers to be calm.
Even LG of Delhi Anil Baijal, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, PM Modi and Home Minister did not make any official appeal or statement till evening. They let violence to have happened; they let chaos to take place at Red Fort- the monument of pride of the nation. The main culprits Deep Sidhu and others were walking free. No action has been taken on that day.
Were all fixed? Let’s understand what does the violence mean for politicians in India and why did they compromise with nation dignity that too on Republic Day?
1. Congress and other Opposition parties get the opportunity to question PM Modi and Amit Shah
2. Government get chance to dilute farmer protests
3. Media in Modi regime questions everyone except authorities- from Police to PM
What should have happened-
1. LG, CM, Home Minister and PM should have appealed when violence was happening.
2. Congress leaders- Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi should have come out to appeal
3. Delhi Police should have not been so feeble
4. Paramilitary forces should have been called
5. Farmer leaders should have called off the rally immediately after violence broke out
Many steps would have been taken but the problem is that they don’t love our mother nation, they just make slogans- Desh Nahi Jhukane Dunga and Bharat Mata Ki Jai. The way events unfolded on Republic day, all so-called patriots were exposed. That is why I keep saying we commoner should always be critics of politicians and work as a pressure group in the nation’s interest.