F1 in Schools West India Regional Finals concluded this week at Billabong High International School, Thane, Mumbai, with a bang as 18 teams from a crowd of more than 300 students made it to the National Finals with their exceptional car designs and overall presentations.
It was the second regionals of F1 in Schools India Season 2 by Time of Sports. The North India Regional Finals -1 was successfully held at the Suncity School, Gurugram in December 2018 in which 15 teams made it to the National Finals set to happen in April 2019. The South India Finals in Bangalore is yet to be announced.
With the growing importance of STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) F1 in Schools India comes as the golden goose being the world’s largest STEM challenge, providing a chance to build their overall personality along with STEM and entrepreneurship skills. F1 in Schools is all about learning with a dose of fun and excitement.
The participants, at the West India regional Finals in Mumbai, put up a great show exhibiting their understanding and grip over technicality of a miniature F1-Car in this highly competitive car race. Kids made some amazing model of cars and fought tooth and nail to have the best car, making last-minute adjustment to emerge victorious.
From coming up with the best possible design for the minimum friction of the car to setting up their pit-booth in a manner to be set apart by others, the participants were all high on adrenaline and were biting their nails as to who is going to be in the next round of the competition.
The excitement, as well as the learning from this unique competition, gives students the chance to innovate themselves and be ready for future challenges. From banging their brains to design their cars to learning of how to get brand associations and promote themselves through marketing. It is not just about a day. It takes a year of preparations to compete.
After the huge success of both the regional competitions so far, F1 in Schools India is set to rock the 3rd regional scheduled at Genesis Global School, Noida, on February 1 to 3, 2019, to hunt another batch of passionate racers and find the next TEAM INDIA to represent the country in the World Finals.
AWARD LIST :
1. Best Team Sponsorship and Marketing Award: Phoenix Drive, City Pride School
2. Best Engineered Car: Smokin Axles- City Pride School
3. Best Scrutineering Award: Smokin Axles- City Pride School
4. Innovative Thinking Award: Atmos- Feel the Speed, BHIS Thane
5. Chair of Judges Recognition Award: Tenzo Revazo- JBCN Parel
6. Research and Development Award: Mach X- DSB School
7. Fastest car Award: Road Rangers- BK Birla Centre for Education
8. Team Identity Award: Team inferno- CP Goenka International School, Juhu
9. Outstanding Sportsmanship Award- Judges Choice: Zero Friction- Rustomjee International School
10. Pit Display Award: Phoenix Drive- City Pride School
11. Verbal Presentation Award: Skull Crucshers- Victorious Kidss
12. Enterprise Portfolio Award: Blue Pegasus- Rustomjee Cambridge
13. Digital Media Strategy Award: Team Nemeziz, RBK International School
14. Knockout Competition Winners: Smokin Axles- City Pride School
15. Regional Final 2nd Runner-up: Smokin Axles- City Pride School, Pune
16. Regional Final 1st Runner-up: Xtreme Racers- Billabong International, thane
17. Regional Champions: Team Nemeziz- RBK International School